Choosing its first bed
The baby’s bed
There are two cot dimensions: the 60 x 120 cm cot and the 70 x 140 cm cot (the Little Big Bed).
• with the 60 x 120 version there are models designed exclusively for babies (ages 0-3) and there are also convertible models (ages 0-18)
• in the 70 x 140 version, the cot bed is always upgradeable (ages 0-7). By using the optional conversion kit, this “Little Big Bed” can be transformed from a 70 x 140 cm cot (ages 0-3) into a little bed for young children measuring 70 x 140 cm (ages 3-7): your baby is guaranteed a smooth changeover and you are guaranteed savings because you can keep the same base, the same mattress and the bed linen all until your child is 7 years old!
THE SMALL DETAILS WHICH MADE THE DIFFERENCE
- So once your child is in bed he is completely safe: rounded corners, no sharp edges, nothing he can lean on and nothing he can get caught on!
- Because we know that baby will suck the side of its cot, our lacquers and finishing varnishes are guaranteed to be non-toxic (EN 71/3).
- For your child’s safety, the cot base is subjected to drastic strength tests and the space between the slats is stipulated by regulations (less than 60 mm).
- To keep baby properly protected behind the side of its cot there is a compulsory mark showing you the maximum height of the mattress inside the cot itself when your cot’s base is in the upper position.
- If you choose a cot on rollers, to move it once you have decided, it must have at least 2 rollers with brakes. Our cots have 4 thus offering you the maximum possible safety.
- To allow baby to pass its little feet and hands between the bars of its cot without getting them trapped, the space between the bars is more than 45 mm and, to make sure that the can never slip his head between the bars, the space is less than 65 mm.
0 - 4 months : upper position
The base, in its upper position, adapts the depth of the cot to your baby and enables you to put him or her down gently.
4 months – 3 years : lower position
When your child begins to stand up on his own, we advise you to adjust the base to its lower position, and to keep the sliding side in its upper position for a greater safety.
4 months - 3 years : Clikéo
Sauthon is launching its new safety system Clikéo to fit cots with a sliding side. Clikéo enables you to drop and raise the sliding side in full safety. It will automatically be locked in the upper or down position according to your choice. Clikéo takes care to your baby thanks to its round and soft design. Clikéo also takes care to your comfort with its ergonomic design and suits perfectly to the shape of your fingers.
The mattresses :
As for adults, the choice of mattress is essential to its sleep and its development. Sleep specialist, Sauthon has designed a range of mattress is right for your baby.
The convertible bed
A clever purchase: this cot design with its own built-in nappy changing unit gives you a truly child friendly system with a real 90 x 190*cm (or 90 x 200 cm) bed, a chest of drawers or a storage unit, a bookshelf/shelf unit and sometimes even a desk all you need to do is convert it!
Baby version :
Convertible bedroom 140x70, convertible in 90x200, sliding side, bedbase 3 positions, changing mat and unit included (bed base 90x200 NOT included, mattress not included
After transformation (junior version):
- Collections Nature blanc, Nature érable et Nevada: a real junior bed 90x190cm + a chest
- Collections Rio, Colors et Fun : a real junior bed 90x190cm + a 3-drawer chest + a bookcase
- Collections Amélia, Zen (rivage, érable et blanc) et Sydney : a real junior bed 90x190cm or 90x200cm + a desk + a storage unit with 3 drawers